26 March 2011

and in the beginning.....

Ciao, this is my very first blog, ever! I am quite excited but I am also quite wary; I really don't think I have the gift of the word unfortunately so blogging will not come naturally to me.

Nevertheless I want to try and keep this sort of diary and corner for random thoughts. Mainly because I believe that there are thing that if you let go once you never see again (by I don't know whom)... not just thing but people and memories too. (And...My memory is particularly bad!).

The idea come to me after I received an old e-mail I sent to myself  (from the past) through http://futureme.org/?redirect=1 I then thought; "wouldn't it be cool to read about the things that I did during my PhD? the tears, the laughter and all that comes with that?" And also...science needs to be more interesting for people, I want to try to be an ambassador for science and do my little for the world.

A few friends of mine are keeping blogs and I think they are great! Check Emma's one: http://sowhataboutseaweed.wordpress.com/ she is very expressive and interesting.

I have some plans for this blog which involve getting my friends to introduce themselves and talk about what they do. I also would like to add a section on my research topic for whoever is interested in plankton (I am...ha ha). I intend to add bits about my hobbies too if I get the chance, so hopefully I'll end up with a little about everything.

Introducing myself, well what can I say without being boring. I suppose my profile will tell you all you need to know. What I can add is that at present I am going trough a very intense period of my life. I am in my second year of my PhD and although a PhD is stressful throughout I believe that there is nothing as stressful as when you are planning and carrying out your experiments and data collection. They will determine the success of the whole enterprise and pretty much your happiness for the next 2 years... more later!

Ciao

1 comment:

  1. Ciao sister solo un commento per salutarti e dirti che sarò una tua accanita lettrice!!

    Juss for say hello and left y a little sign of me in your Blog!!

    I miss u

    Wile

    ReplyDelete